Sunday, July 11, 2004

Alpha

I've decided I want to be a writer. A writer of what, one might ask. Well, a blog, for the moment. Other than that, who knows? This will get me putting down thoughts, however, which I haven't done. Ever. Which is kind of not-so-good for somebody who thinks they want to write for a living. I wonder Vegas would set as the over/under on Blogging bartender to Pulitzer Prize winner....

The plan is that this will be a place to write down everything I thought when somebody wasn't around that I think is cool and funny. Got that? Guaranteed to be phenomenally dreary and boring as hell, but since when is watching somebody motivate themself interesting?

Tonight I watched The Butterfly Effect, and it freaked me right the hell out. Maybe that's why I'm starting a blog now, at 1:00 in the morning. Anyway, it was grrrrrreat, except for the sadassed ending. Who would have known that you could make a movie about Chaos Theory that was not about dinosaurs? I kept waiting for Dr. Ian Malcom to pop up and start selling me a p-p-p-powerbook.

I also got new shoes today! Depending on gender and sexual preference, this could either be more or less exciting than watching a movie starring Ashton Kutchar that doesn't include the word "Dude" in the title. I'm a little weirded out by the fact that I'm more excited about the shoes, seeing as how I'm a) a guy. and b) straight. They're Dr. Martens, and my mommy bought them for me. They're also the third pair I've owned in eight years, reinforcing my belief that they are the most durable shoes ever made. My previous pairs have been through hell, highwater, and lots and lots of water, as well as an absurd amount of grease. Fish restaurants are not good for shoes. Write that down.

So I bought condoms today. Doesn't sound terribly exciting, does it? It wasn't. But I am a virgin. And it was a favor for a friend. So that makes it at least a little more exciting than most contraceptive purchases. I made sure to brush up on my condom-buying ettiquite protocol before I...did the deed. Word is still out on whether or not that purchase was made in vain.

Now I'm tired. And my laundry is ready to be put into the dryer. And I have to work a double tomorrow. I think I'll stop typing now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you fucking suck

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home